We are looking to appoint the role of External Examiner for the above provision with effect from February 2022 to February 2025 The appointment is conditional upon the confirmation of your eligibility to receive payments in the UK. This is not an offer of employment.
The purpose of the external examining system at Oxford Brookes is to enable the University to assure itself that the academic standards of its provision are set and maintained at an appropriate level and in accordance with the frameworks for higher education and the relevant subject benchmark statements for Nursing and Midwifery. This involves ensuring that the assessment processes are sound and are being fairly conducted, and to identify good practice and in accordance with the University policies and regulations
Your role as external examiner will involve undertaking the following activities:
- Undertake induction to your role and visit both site delivering the OSCE provision;
- staff at the Test of Competence will also contact you to provide you with relevant information about the Test of Competence and the assessment rules within which it operates, and details of key dates;
- Review examination scenarios and stations set by partner organisations that contribute to the Test of Competence OSCEs;
- Moderate samples of assessed work including fails, as agreed with the relevant programme team
- Comment on the marking standards of examiners
- Familiarise yourself with the University and NMC policies in relation to the NMC Test of Competence and ensure that the assessment process is conducted in accordance with them;
- Complete an annual report to the University’s required format providing comments on the standards of marking and other aspects of the OSCE provision to act on during the following year.
- Attend an annual reporting event in conjunction with other members of the Professional Regulatory Agencies involved in the development and delivery of the OSCE Competence Test
- Provide comments on planned modifications to the provision and potential opportunities to enhance the quality of the Test of Competence OSCE.
Fees – £800 on receipt of annual report.
If you are interested in this role please send your CV and supporting statement of no more than 500 words by Friday 21 January 2022 to Barry Ricketts