The School of Allied Health Professions within the College of Life Sciences at the University of Leicester is seeking expressions of interest for a child field external examiner for the following programmes: MSci Nursing with Leadership and Dual Registration (Mental Health and Child Nursing). We are looking for an experienced academic, currently involved in the teaching and assessing of children’s nursing students. Experience as an external examiner would be preferable. The appointment will commence from September 2021 for a period of four years. Role
- To scrutinise student work, assignment questions / exam papers, in order to ensure that student
achievement and academic standards are comparable with those in the UK higher education
institution from which the external examiner has experience.
- Review both practice and theory elements of the module/s where relevant.
- Provide feedback and recommendation on whether the assessment process was rigorous and fair
in meeting intended learning outcomes and in line with relevant policies and guidelines.
- Attend Board of Examiners meetings.
- Submit an Annual External Examiner report.
- Regularly engage and communicate with the programme teams.
- Comment on the content of the subject area particularly with regard to subject benchmarks.
The successful applicant must hold current registration with the NMC. If you wish to discuss this opportunity further, please contact Gary Souter, Associate Professor in Nursing and Programme Lead for MSci Nursing with Leadership and Dual Registration. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 31st August 2021