We are seeking to appoint a Subject External Examiner for the MSc Psychology-(conversion) programme. The programme is based within the School of Psychology, Faculty of Health. Examples of modules requiring review include:
- Individual Differences, Social and Developmental Psychology
- Health and Wellbeing
- Research Skills in Practice
- Cognition and Biological Psychology
- MSc Research Project
The ideal candidate will have experience in teaching and examining at a UK HE institution and have specific subject knowledge in relation to the examples of the modules given above.
The appointment will be for 4 years, commencing 1st October 2021 – 31st December 2025. The commitment required is as follows:
- To review a range of coursework throughout the year
- To attend one assessment event per year if appropriate (for example, OSCE or oral presentation)
- To engage in communication with the programme team
- To carry out at least one interim engagement per year (which may take the form of a ‘virtual’ visit by video conference/Zoom in recognition of the logistical difficulties presented by Plymouth’s geographical location) and at least one face to face visit during the term of office to obtain feedback from staff and to strengthen their engagement with the ongoing teaching and learning process (subject to national restrictions due to Covid-19).
All appointments are subject to the candidate meeting the University’s criteria for appointment. If you would like to be considered for this, please submit a CV by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 31st October 2021 or for further information please contact: Dr Sonja Heintz (Programme Leader), email@example.com