We are seeking to appoint an External Examiner for our MSc Nursing programme and BSc (Hons) Nursing (Top-up) within the Faculty of Health Sciences and Wellbeing at the University of Sunderland in London. The MSc Nursing will be delivered both face-to-face for nurses from the UK and overseas and maybe studied full or part-time. The BSc (Hons) Nursing (Top-up) for nurses from the UK and overseas
We are looking for an External Examiner to be responsible for modules covering the following areas:
MSc Nursing programme
- Sociological Perspectives and Global Health
- Health Research Methods and Critical Appraisal
- Epidemiology and Health Measurement
- Teaching and Learning
- Leadership and Management for Health
BSc (Hons) Nursing (Top-up) Programme
- Theory and Practice in Healthcare
- Research Methods
- Management of Care
- Law and Ethics in Healthcare Practice
- Preparation for Mentorship
- Evidence-Based Practice
- The appointment will be for 4 years from September 2021 to October 2025.
We view the role of External Examiner as central to our quality assurance and enhancement procedures. You will assist in assuring that the standards across modules are appropriate and comparable with similar awards at other UK institutions, and that all assessments are carried out fairly, The University of Sunderland in London offers extensive support for external examiners.
The University normally expects external examiners to attend a minimum of two Board of Examiners meetings per year and to complete an annual External Examiner Monitoring Report.
- have a professional background in nursing
- be working at the level of Senior Lecturer within Higher Education
- ideally have experience in Online Learning and experience as an External Examiner
For informal enquiries please contact Madhini Sivasubramanian at email@example.com or expressions of interest please submit an up to date CV to the same address.