We are seeking to appoint an External Examiner for our MSc Nursing programme within the School of Nursing, Midwifery and Health at Coventry University. The MSc Nursing will be delivered both face-to-face and online for nurses from the UK and overseas and may be studied full or part time.
All modules in this course are mandatory. We are looking for an External Examiner to be responsible for modules covering the following areas:
• Contemporary Issues in Nursing
• Research Methodology, Design & Methods
• Principles of Physical Health Assessment
• The Evidence Base Nursing Practice
• Contemporary Perspectives of Care- Individuals with Long Term Conditions
• Teaching, Learning & Assessment in Nursing
• Nursing & Public Health
• Leadership, Service Improvement and Integrated care
• Masters Dissertation
The appointment will be for 4 years from December 2021 to December 2025.
We view the role of External Examiner as central to our quality assurance and enhancement procedures. You will assist in assuring that the standards across modules are appropriate and comparable with similar awards at other UK institutions, and that all assessments are carried out fairly. Coventry University offers extensive support for external examiners and holds briefing workshops annually. The University normally expects external examiners to attend a minimum of two Board of Examiners meetings per year and to complete an annual External Examiner Monitoring Report.
• have a professional background in nursing
• be working at the level of Senior Lecturer within Higher Education
• ideally have experience in Online Learning and experience as an External Examiner
For informal enquires please contact Kim Craig, Course Director at email@example.com. For expressions of interest please submit an up to date CV to the same address.