The Three Counties School of Nursing and Midwifery at the University of Worcester is seeking an experienced academic as External Examiner for the MSc Midwifery (shortened) blended learning programme (in partnership with HEE) and two Level 7 CPD modules (Neonatal Examination and Professional Advocate)
Details of the programmes/modules are available here:
The University requires that external examiners have qualifications at least equal to the programme being examined, therefore must have:
- registration as a Midwife with the Nursing and Midwifery Council with relevant subject knowledge and experience as a Midwife (essential)
- an MSc in a relevant subject (essential)
- Examination and Professional Advocate qualification and experience working in these roles (desirable)
- Applicants should have recently been employed (or are still employed) within a university appointment (essential)
- Applicants must not have been a University of Worcester examiner within the last five years (essential)
The University of Worcester offers support for external examiners and a full induction day in November 2021.
Further support is also provided by the Course leader and module team. The University normally expects external examiners to attend a minimum of one examination board per year.
The appointment will be with immediate effect for four years (until December 2025).
All appointments are subject to the candidate meeting the University’s criteria for appointment.
Interested individuals are also required to send a copy of their CV for consideration.
If you would like further information regarding this post please contact Dr Kerry Gaskin, Head of Department for Midwifery and CPD, email@example.com