The School of Health & Social Care at the University of Essex is seeking to appoint an external examiner for our Medical and Clinical Education (MaCE) programme. The School offers a diverse range of pre- and post-registration programmes, and MaCE is open to professional and academic staff who have a significant educational component in their professional role.
MSc Medical and Clinical Education
- HS619 – Applying and Using Learning in Practice
- HS620 – Applying and Using Learning in Practice
- HS950 – Learning, Teaching and Assessment
- HS951 – Learning Organisations and Quality Enhancement
- HS952 – Course Design and Development
- HS954 – Using Technology to Enhance Learning in Practice
- HS982 – Dissertation
We would like to appoint an External Examiner who can enhance the quality of teaching and learning within the School and who is experienced in delivering health or social care professions’ education or designing health or social care professions’ curricula. As the programme is accredited by AdvanceHE, applicants must hold Senior Fellowship (SFHEA) or Principal Fellowship (PFHEA). Whilst applications from experienced External Examiners are preferred, anyone with appropriate educational and professional experience would be considered.
The appointment will be for four years from January 2023 and the commitment required is as follows:
- To attend two examination Boards per year.
- To submit the annual External Examiner’s Report and comment on the content of the subject area particularly regarding subject benchmarks.
- To review coursework throughout the year and provide comments to ensure academic standards and achievements of students are comparable with those in other HEIs
- Provide informative comment and recommendations on the rigour and authenticity of assessment process measures against intended outcomes of the course and their alignment with the relevant policies and regulations
- Engage with the programme team in the continuous development of the programmes
For informal inquires please contact Professor Chris Green on email@example.com.
Applications should be accompanied by a C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org by 2nd December 2022
Further information about the School is available here: https://www.essex.ac.uk/departments/health-and-social-care
Further information about the programme is available here:
Further information and external examining and exam boards is available here: