College College of Health, Wellbeing and Life Sciences
Department Nursing and Midwifery / Centre for Leadership
We are looking for a dedicated individual to undertake the role of external examiner for our MSc Leadership in Health and Social Care course at Sheffield Hallam University.
Your role and responsibilities would include:
- confirming the comparability of standards of student performance at Sheffield Hallam University with those of similar modules at other UK Institutions of Higher Education;
- confirming that the assessment process in its entirety is sound, and has been fairly conducted with full regard to justice to students;
- Reporting and advising on the above by means of approving coursework and examination papers and providing an annual report to the University.
See the full role description at https://blogs.shu.ac.uk/quality/files/2018/07/Section-6-External-Examiners-Annex-1-Roles-and-Responsibilities.pdf
You should have appropriate expertise and experience to be able to undertake a role in the assurance of academic standards in Higher Education.
The appointees will be required to moderate a sample of scripts in relation to selected modules within the above programmes. You will also be required to produce an annual report and attend Assessment Boards as appropriate.
Please send expressions of interest and an accompanying CV to Anita McCrum at Sheffield Hallam University at A.McCrum@shu.ac.uk
Your CV should contain the following information:
- Current and recent employment history
- HE and Professional Qualifications
- Current and previous external examiner engagements
- Experience of course/module leader roles
- Teaching experience
- Research and related Scholarly/ Professional Activity/ Consultancy
Please note that all appointments are subject to verification of eligibility to work in the UK, as per UK Visas and Immigration requirements. To verify your eligibility to work in the UK we will need to see your original passport, any visa-related documentation (for non-UK citizens) and/or your Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) (for non-UK citizens).
You can provide the required documentation either by attending the University in person, prior to the commencement of your role, or by post (Special Delivery). In either case, your original documentation must be provided. No work can be undertaken until these checks have been completed.