We are seeking to appoint a Subject and Award External Examiner for the MSc Healthcare Management, Leadership and Innovation pathway. The programme is based within the Peninsula Medical School, Faculty of Health. Students on the pathway will be mainly doctors or dentists, but also other professionals working in health and social care. Consequently, the external examiner would have experience of postgraduate educational provision to healthcare professionals and have a recordable teaching qualification.
Modules to be examined include a focus on leadership and management in healthcare settings, and quality improvement and innovation for patient safety.
The appointment will be for four years and the commitment required is as follows:
- To review a range of coursework throughout the year
- To attend via Zoom up to three assessment panels a year (March, June, and November) and to submit external examiner reports
- To attend one assessment event per year if appropriate (for example, oral presentation)
- To engage in communication with the programme team
- To carry out an interim visit per year, either in person or by virtual means, to meet with staff and students to obtain feedback on assessment in practice, and to strengthen your engagement with the ongoing teaching, learning and assessment processes.
All appointments are subject to the candidate meeting the University’s criteria for appointment. If you would like to be considered for this, please submit a CV by email to email@example.com by 16 April 2023, or for further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org (Programme Lead).