We are seeking to appoint a Subject External Examiner for the MSc Healthcare Management, Leadership and Innovation pathway. The programme is based within the Peninsula Medical School, Faculty of Health, and is delivered by a committed, enthusiastic and experienced team of clinicians and academics. Whilst our students are predominantly doctors or dentists, the interprofessional nature of health and social care is reflected in our student group, who represent a range of professionals, working in health and social care. For this reason, we seek an external examiner with contemporary, UK based experience of postgraduate educational provision for healthcare professionals, who holds a recordable teaching qualification. Modules to be examined focus on leadership and management in healthcare settings, and quality improvement and innovation for patient safety.
The appointment will be for four years, and the commitment required is as follows:
- To review a range of coursework throughout the year
- To attend via Zoom up to three assessment panels a year (March, June, and November) and to submit external examiner reports
- To attend one assessment event per year if appropriate (for example, oral presentation)
- To engage in communication with the programme team
- To carry out an interim visit per year, either in person or by virtual means, to meet with staff and students to obtain feedback on assessment in practice, and to strengthen your engagement with the ongoing teaching, learning and assessment processes.
All appointments are subject to the candidate meeting the University’s criteria for appointment and the closing date for applications is Wednesday 12th July 2023.
To be considered for this appointment, please submit your CV by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. For further information, please contact Associate Professor Pam Nelmes (Programme Lead) at email@example.com from July 3 onward.