The School of Health & Social Care at the University of Essex is seeking to appoint an external examiner for MSc Global Public Health (GPH). The MSc GPH programme offer students the opportunity to develop the skills, critical insights, and knowledge necessary to understand and evaluate contemporary Global Public Health challenges and the tools to address them. It prepares students to evaluate and support the development and implementation of evidence-informed and rights oriented local, national, and global public health policies and programmes. The master’s programme is organised into modules and each student take a range of core, compulsory, and optional modules during the year. The programmes have been designed to be accessible to students from diverse national and disciplinary backgrounds and this is reflected in the programme structure.
MSc Global Public Health Modules
- HS887-7 Introduction to Global Health
- HS869-7 Social Determinants of Health
- HS885-7 Global Health Epidemiology
- HS900-7 Literature Review and Critical Appraisal
- HS908-7 Data Collection, Analysis and Interpretation
We would like to appoint an External Examiner who can enhance the quality of teaching and learning within the school and who is experienced in developing and delivering public health curriculum. Whilst applications from experienced External Examiners are preferred, anyone with appropriate educational and professional experience would be considered.
The appointment will be for four years from [date] and the commitment required is as follows:
- To attend two examination Boards per year.
- To submit the annual External Examiner’s Report and comment on the content of the subject area particularly regarding subject benchmarks.
- To review coursework throughout the year and provide comments to ensure academic standards and achievements of students are comparable with those in other HEIs.
- Provide informative comment and recommendations on whether the assessment process measures student achievement rigorously and fairly against the intended outcomes of the course/s and is conducted in line with the relevant policies and regulations.
- Engage with the programme team in the continuous development of the programmes.
For informal inquires please contact Professor Emmanuel Idowu (Deputy Dean and Programme Director GPH) firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications should be accompanied by a C.V. to email@example.com by Wednesday 18 October
Further information is available on our website: https://www.essex.ac.uk/departments/health-and-social-care