The University of South Wales is seeking to appoint a course external examiner to oversee the provision of the following course;
- MSc Community Health Studies (SP Community Children’s Nursing).
The appointment will commence from September 2023 for a tenure period of four years. All External Examiner appointments are subject to approval by the University External Examiner Approval Panel; therefore you must not have had any formal links with the University of South Wales within the last five years.
**Please note that under the NMC expectation, all nominees MUST be appropriately qualified [ SCPHN and SPQ] and experienced external examiners consider and report on the quality of theory and practice learning**
Role Requirements: (further details of the module duties will be provided prior to formal application or on request)
- Comment on the content of the subject area particularly with regard to subject benchmarks.
- Examine assessment briefs, exam papers and student work to ensure academic standards and achievements of students are comparable with those in other UK higher education establishments of which the external examiner has experience.
- Provide informative comment and recommendations on whether the assessment process measures student achievement rigorously and fairly against the intended outcomes of the programme/s and is conducted in line with the relevant policies and regulations.
- Attend at least one examination board/s per year and submit an annual report.
- Engage in communication with the academic and course team.
Please note that External Examiners are required to engage with assessment of both theory and practice elements of the programme where relevant. Previous experience as an External Examiner is not necessary as the University is able to provide mentorship to the successful applicants.
This is a paid opportunity.
Please forward expressions of interest, together with your CV by Thursday 21st December 2023 to email@example.com