We are seeking to appoint a Subject External Examiner for our psychology master’s programmes. The programmes are based within the School of Psychology, Faculty of Health. The modules examined by the External Examiner include those focused on psychological research skills and techniques, taken by all MSc programmes. It will also include modules in clinical and applied psychology. Examples of modules requiring examining include:
• Advanced Research Skills and Techniques for Psychology
• Models of Intervention in Psychology
• Becoming a Practitioner Psychologist
• Core Competencies for Clinical Practice in Psychology
• Applied Clinical Research
The ideal candidate will have experience in teaching and examining at a UK HE institution and have specific subject knowledge in relation to the examples of the modules given above, although applicants with other kinds of examining experience or expertise in other areas of psychology will also be considered.
Further information on the programmes and module content can be accessed via the following links:
• MSc Clinical Psychology: https://www.plymouth.ac.uk/courses/postgraduate/msc-clinical-psychology
• MPsych (Hons) Psychology with Clinical Psychology: https://www.plymouth.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate/mpsych-psychology-with-clinical-psychology
• MSc Research Methods in Psychology
• MPsych (Hons) Psychology
The appointment will be for 4 years, and the commitment required is as follows:
• To review a range of coursework throughout the year.
• To attend via Zoom two assessment panels a year and to submit an annual external examiner report.
• To engage in communication with the programme team.
• To carry out an interim visit per year, either in person or by virtual means, to meet with staff and students to obtain feedback on assessment in practice and to strengthen your engagement with the ongoing teaching, learning and assessment processes.
All appointments are subject to the candidate meeting the University’s criteria for appointment. If you would like to be considered for this, please submit a CV by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday 21st February 2024 or for further information please contact:
– MSc Clinical Psychology / MPsych (Hons) Psychology with Clinical Psychology Programme Lead
– MSc Research Methods in Psychology / MPsych (Hons) Psychology Programme Lead