We are seeking to appoint a Subject External Examiner for the MSc Clinical Psychology / MPsych (Hons) Psychology with Clinical Psychology programmes. The programmes are based within the School of Psychology, Faculty of Health. The External Examiner position will largely be focused on modules for the Clinical Psychology programmes, but will also include research skills and techniques modules that are shared with the MSc Research Methods in Psychology / MPsych (Hons) Psychology and MSc Human Neuroscience / MPsych (Hons) Psychology with Human Neuroscience programmes. Examples of modules requiring review include:
- Becoming a Practitioner Psychologist
- Core Competencies for Clinical Practice in Psychology
- Applied Clinical Research
- Models of Intervention in Psychology
- Advanced Research Skills and Techniques for Psychology
Further information on the programmes can be accessed via the following links:
- MSc Clinical Psychology: https://www.plymouth.ac.uk/courses/postgraduate/msc-clinical-psychology
- MPsych (Hons) Clinical Psychology: https://www.plymouth.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate/mpsych-psychology-with-clinical-psychology
The ideal candidate will have experience in teaching and examining at a UK HE institution and have specific subject knowledge in relation to the examples of the modules given above.
The appointment will be for 4 years and the commitment required is as follows:
- To review a range of coursework throughout the year.
- To attend one assessment event per year if appropriate (for example, OSCE or oral presentation).
- To engage in communication with the programme team.
- To carry out an interim visit per year, either in person or by virtual means, to meet with staff and students to obtain feedback on assessment in practice and to strengthen your engagement with the ongoing teaching, learning and assessment processes.
All appointments are subject to the candidate meeting the University’s criteria for appointment. If you would like to be considered for this, please submit a CV by email to email@example.com by Wednesday 25th October 2023 or for further information please contact:
- MSc Clinical Psychology / MPsych (Hons) Psychology with Clinical Psychology Programme Lead