We are seeking to appoint a Subject External Examiner for the MSc Advanced Professional Practice in Surgical Care/ MSc Surgical Care Practice. The programme is based within the School of Nursing and Midwifery, within the Faculty of Health. Students on the pathway will be registered professionals but will share modules with other registered professionals training to become advanced practitioners, including Nurses, Operating Department Practitioners and Paramedics.
Consequently, the external examiner would be a Registered professional with experience of post-graduate educational provision, have a recordable teaching qualification and a current registration with the either NMC or HCPC. Modules to be examined include a focus on advancing surgical practice in context, and managing clinical complexity in a surgical speciality.
The appointment will be for four years and the commitment required is as follows:
- To review a range of coursework throughout the year
- To attend via Zoom up to three assessment panels a year (March, June, and November) and the submission of external examiner reports
- To attend one assessment event per year if appropriate (for example, OSCE or oral presentation)
- To engage in communication with the programme team
- To carry out an interim visit per year, either in person or by virtual means, to meet with staff and students to obtain feedback on assessment in practice and to strengthen your engagement with the ongoing teaching, learning and assessment processes.
All appointments are subject to the candidate meeting the University’s criteria for appointment. If you would like to be considered for this, please submit a CV by email to email@example.com by Sunday 16th April 2023 or for further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org (Programme Lead).