The University of Bolton is looking for a dedicated individual to undertake the role of External Examiner for our MSc Advanced Clinical Practice Programmes (apprenticeship and non-apprenticeship routes).
External Examiners are central in maintaining university standards and the currency of the curriculum. The successful candidate will be required to:
- Confirm the comparability of standards of student performance at the University of Bolton with those of similar modules at other UK Institutions of Higher Education
- Confirm that the assessment process in its entirety is sound, and has been fairly conducted with full regard to justice to students
- Report and advise on the above by means of approving all assessments and examination papers and providing an annual report to the University
- Attend relevant Assessment and Award Boards
- Contribute to programme modifications including current Periodic Review and Revaluation processes.
Successful candidates should have appropriate expertise and experience to be able to undertake a role in the assurance of academic standards in Higher Education. Knowledge of Ofsted’s Education Inspection Framework. Previous experience of moderating academic work at HE7 level in the context of ACP and pillars of Advanced practice would be advantageous in undertaking the role.
For further information and please send expressions of interest and accompanying CV to C.Farrell2@bolton.ac.uk
Your CV should contain the following information:
- Current and recent employment history
- HE and Professional Qualifications
- Professional Registration
- Current and previous external examiner engagements
- Experience of course/module leader roles
- Teaching experience
- Research and related Scholarly/ Professional Activity/ Consultancy
The appointment is anticipated to take place from January 2024 and is typically for a period of four years.