Oxford Brookes University is seeking to appoint an experienced and suitably qualified academic, as an additional external examiner for the following programmes/modules:
- MSc Advanced Clinical Practice
- Integrated Master’s Degree Apprenticeship Advanced Clinical Practitioner
- PG Cert Minor injury and illness management
The awards include the following level 7 modules:
- NURS7076 Advancing Professional Practice
- NURS7030 Advanced history taking and assessment (also delivered as a standalone module for associate students)
- NURS7031 Diagnostic Reasoning in Practice
- NURS7061 Applied Research Methods
- NURS7062 Dissertation in Advanced Practice
- NURS7078 End-point Assessment (apprenticeship)
- NURS7033 Assessing and Managing Minor Injuries and Illnesses
- NURS7133 Simulation Based Education
- NURS7132 Advancing Clinical Decision-making
The successful applicant will be appointed to start as soon as possible for a term of four years. The post is one of two external examiner positions for the above programmes/modules that require external moderation of assessments and feedback, an annual monitoring report and attendance at the relevant PG Examination Boards. External Examiners may also be required to provide comments on proposed modifications to modules and the development of new modules, within their area of expertise.
Information about External Examining at Oxford Brookes University is available here: https://www.brookes.ac.uk/asa/apqo/external-examining/
Previous experience as an External Examiner is desirable, however, consideration will be given to those seeking their first appointment.
Please send your CV for consideration to Deborah Slade at the email address below.
Contact details for queries:
Deborah Slade (Subject Co-ordinator/Senior Lecturer in Advanced Practice):
Phone: 01865 482621