The University of Manchester is seeking to appoint a subject external examiner for its MSc Adult Nursing Programme for the Level 7, 30 credit course unit; Nurse as Leader, Manager and Coordinator, the Dissertation and sampling of practice assessment documentation.
External examiners for the MSc Nursing programme would normally be expected to visit at least one practice learning environment per year in addition to attendance at Examination Boards.
The University appointments for external examiners are normally for a period of 4 years, this appointment will commence with immediate effect.
All coursework is electronically submitted by students and is marked online using Grademark and Turnitin. External examiners will be required to use the online moderating process. In addition we will provide a sample of Practice Assessment Documents to view via our online learning environment.
- Working in a UK HEI with no formal educational links with the University of Manchester in the last 5 years.
- Current registration with the NMC.
- Master’s Degree or above in a related subject area.
- Direct experience of teaching and assessing in the applicable subject areas
- Research and publications in related area.
Appointments will be made in line with the University of Manchester’s Guidance for External Examiners.