The College of Nursing, Midwifery and Healthcare is seeking to appoint an on course external examiner for our post registration modules at level 6 and 7. These are Examination of the Newborn, Midwives and Critical Care Practice, Professional Midwifery Advocate (PMA) and Leadership and a brand new module Caring for Families Experiencing Perinatal Loss
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced lecturers in midwifery. Registration with a relevant professional body is essential. All appointments are subject to the candidate meeting the University’s criteria for appointment. The post would start in September 2023. Tenure will normally be for a period of four years.
The assessment boards are all held on our Brentford campus (currently conducted online) and you will be joining a team of external examiners.
As an External Examiner you will be expected to:
- Be employed in Higher Education
- Scrutinize samples of examination/essay scripts and other assessed materials, advising module assessment boards on the content and standard of assessments.
- Attend a minimum of 2 assessment boards a year.
- Attend the annual Education review.
- Review new modules in preparation for validation events.
- Advise on academic misconduct and appeal cases.
- Submit an annual report to the University Quality Boards.
If you have not been an external examiner before, a mentor would be appointed for you. You would be part of a team of external examiners for the midwifery, nursing and healthcare courses here at the University. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions. If you are interested in the above post please send your expressions of interest, together with a full CV, by 14th August 2023 in the first instance to:
Lead Midwife for Education
College of Nursing, Midwifery and Healthcare
University of West London
0208 209 4081