The School of Health Sciences within the Faculty of Education, Health & Human Sciences is seeking expressions of interest for an external examiner for the following programme:
End Point Assessment (EPA) for Midwifery Degree Apprenticeship Programmes BSc (Hons) Midwifery- (Degree Apprenticeship 4 years) and BSc (Hons) Midwifery- (Degree Apprenticeship 3 years). This EE role will also consider our Post qualifying NIPE and Sexual Health modules
We are looking for an experienced academic, currently involved in the teaching and assessing of health-related subjects. Experience as an external examiner would be preferable. The School of Health Sciences is based at the University’s Avery Hill Campus in South-East London. The appointments will commence in September 22 and the tenure is for a period of four years to the end of December 2026.
- To scrutinise student work, assignment questions / exam papers, in order to ensure that student achievement and academic standards are comparable with those in the UK higher education institution from which the external examiner has experience.
- Review both practice and theory elements of the module/s where relevant.
- Provide feedback and recommendation on whether the assessment process was rigorous and fair in meeting intended learning outcomes and in line with relevant policies and guidelines.
- Attend Subject Assessment Panel meetings and Progression and Awards Board meetings (currently, via MS Teams).
- Submit an Annual External Examiner report.
- Regularly engage and communicate with the programme teams.
- Comment on the content of the subject area particularly with regard to subject benchmarks.
- Ensure that the Apprenticeship End Point Assessment (EPA) regulations are adhered to – this post will require you to understand the occupational standard and end-point assessment plan and who will carry out required activities on behalf of the EQA provider
- You must be a Registered Midwife
- Comply to the requirements of the EPAO (NMC Approved Education Institution)
- Be independent of the apprentice, and the employing organisation who are involved in delivering the apprenticeship
- Not have been involved in the teaching or on-programme assessment of the apprentice other than in their role under point 1 above
The successful applicant must hold current registration with the NMC.
If you wish to discuss this opportunity further, please contact: Associate Professor Mandy Stevenson. Midwifery Programme Leader
If interested, please send your current CV and a request for a nomination form to:
Associate Professor in Nurse Education
Faculty of Education, Health & Human Sciences
School of Health Sciences
University of Greenwich-Avery Hill Campus
The closing date for nominations for the external examiner vacancy above is the 3.10.22
We look forward to hearing from you.