Edge Hill University, Faculty of Health, Social Care and Medicine is seeking to engage an External Examiner for the following Programme with effect from 23/24 Academic year:
- Vacancy ref.: MED07
- Programme(s): MBChB Phase two – Year 5 and Overall Examiner
- Closing date: 23/11/2023
External Examiners are typically placed on the Edge Hill University External Examiners Register for a period of four years. Principle duties normally include.
- Review and approve assessment strategies and guidance that contribute to a student’s final award, and any other assessment material as agreed.
- Visit the University at the least once a year to moderate assessed coursework and examination scripts.
- Attend Year of Study assessment boards
- Produce an Annual External Examiners Report, aligned to university requirements
- External Examiners may be invited to engage with students in practice.
This EE role will focus on Year 5 and have an overview of Years 1-4 (with EEs in place already for these years). We are looking for a consultant with experience of inputting into the final year of a UK Medical Programme and experience of supervising Foundation Year doctors. This may suit someone with an interest in curricula development given the fact Edge Hill University is developing a new medical curriculum and is an opportunity to support Edge Hill Medical School graduate its first doctors.
If you would like to discuss specific information relating to the programme and more detail regarding the role, please contact:
Dr Simon Watmough – Associate Head of Undergraduate Medicine
Email: Simon.Watmough@edgehill.ac.uk 01695 657082
Fees and Expenses are payable in line with the University policy. Admission to the University’s External Examiners Register is on the basis of satisfactory completion of the University’s Committee and Personnel approval processes, including Right to Work and Reciprocity Checks. Prospective External Examiners are encouraged to send an expression of interest and CV to Suzanne Lea (Medical School Assessment Officer) email@example.com citing the programme title and/or vacancy reference.
Your data will be held and not processed for any purpose other than that for which it has been obtained, in accordance with current Data Protection Legislation until this recruitment process has concluded. Should you be unsuccessful in your application your data will be destroyed securely. For more information, our Privacy Notice is available at https://www.edgehill.ac.uk/externalexaminers/