The School of Allied Health and Community at the University of Worcester is seeking an experienced External Examiner for our MA Social Work course.
Please see the following link for the full MA Programme Specification https://www2.worc.ac.uk/aqu/documents/MASocialWork2021-22.pdf
External Examiners play a central role in the maintenance of the standards of the University’s awards and the currency of the curriculum. They perform this role through:
- the approval of assessment tasks and examination papers
- discussions with relevant academic staff
- the review of samples of student work on modules within the programmes
- the endorsement of marks to confirm that the marks are an agreed, fully moderated and externally examined set of results
- the submission of annual reports
- attendance at appropriate boards of examiners (June)
- agreement to programme modifications
Ideal applicants should possess the following:
- Current registration with Social Work England (SWE)
- Relevant experience to maintain comparable quality standards
The appointment will start from September with a duration of four years. Successful applicants will be invited to the university’s External Examiner induction day.
Applications for the post should be made by a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and appropriate covering letter and sent to Jenny Dale, Course Lead for MA Social Work at: email@example.com
Closing Date for applications: 24th August 2022