The School of Health Sciences at Robert Gordon University is seeking to appoint an External Examiner for the undergraduate Master of Physiotherapy (MPhys) course. The post holder will be joint External Examiner for the programme.
The External Examiner will be responsible for contributing to the quality assurance of the MPhys. You will be involved in the approval of assessment tasks, moderation of student work, completion of an annual report and invited to attend examination boards. You may be asked to provide comments on proposed modifications and the development of new modules.
Applicants should hold appropriate professional registration and academic qualifications. It is preferable to have previous experience of external examining although support and guidance can be provided for those new to this role. Full course details and documentation will be provided to the appointee on appointment.
The appointment will commence with immediate effect upon appointment and will be for a 4-year term. If you are interested in applying or to request further information, please send a CV (max 4 pages) covering the points below to Craig Walker (Course Lead MPhys) email@example.com. I am also available on 01224 262569, if you wish to discuss the role further.
- Your contact details – postal address, telephone, email address for correspondence.
- Present post and employment history.
- Qualifications and professional memberships.
- External examiner experience within the past 5 years, including participation in recognised development programme/training.
- Teaching experience and responsibilities within the past 5 years, e.g., subject/modules taught, module tutor role.
- Quality assurance experience within the past 5 years: design/setting/internal moderation of assessments, Module Leader, Course/Programme Leader, approval/validation/review activity or panel membership (internal and external), collaborative/franchise partner activity, committee membership, any other quality assurance capacity.
- Research and related scholarly activity or professional/consultancy within the past 5 years.
- Please ensure your relevant occupational experience and professional body registrations are evident.
- Any association between yourself and Robert Gordon University.
The closing date is 30th August 2022.