The School of Health & Social Care at the University of Essex is seeking to appoint an external examiner for our MA Social Work and CPD Practice Educator. The MA Social Work is a full-time course which has recently gone through Social Work England inspection.
MA Social Work:
- HS650 Social Work Theory and Methods
- HS651 Law, Policy and Ethics
- HS653 Lifespan Development
- HS654 Practice Placement 1
- HS633 Introduction to Research
- HS652 Critical Issues in Contemporary Practice
- HS656 Social Work and Human Rights (Optional)
- HS658 Global Social Work (Optional)
- HS657 Rights Based Research (Optional)
- HS659 Dissertation (Optional)
- HS655 Practice Skills and Placement 2
CPD Practice Educator Programme:
- HS919 Practice Educator Training (Social Work PEP1)
- HS918 Developing as a Practice Educator (Social Work PEP2)
We would like to appoint an External Examiner who can enhance the quality of teaching and learning within the School and who is experienced in delivering social work education and who can work with us to continue to develop and enhance the quality of our teaching and learning within our Division. Whilst applications from experienced External Examiners are preferred, anyone with appropriate educational and professional experience would be considered.
The appointment will be for four years from Oct 2023 and the commitment required is as follows:
- To attend one examination Boards per year.
- To submit the annual External Examiner’s Report and comment on the content of the subject area particularly regarding subject benchmarks.
- To review coursework throughout the year and provide comments to ensure academic standards and achievements of students are comparable with those in other HEIs.
- Provide informative comment and recommendations on whether the assessment process measures student achievement rigorously and fairly against the intended outcomes of the course/s and is conducted in line with the relevant policies and regulations.
- Engage with the programme team in the continuous development of the programmes
For informal inquires please contact Gert Scheepers email@example.com
Applications should be accompanied by a C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org by 25 August 2023
Further information is available on our website: https://www.essex.ac.uk/departments/health-and-social-care