The School of Nursing and Allied Health within the Faculty of Health at Liverpool John Moores University is seeking to appoint an External Examiner for their collaborative online MA Nursing Programme in conjunction with UNICAF. The appointment will be effective from September 2022, following an induction programme. We are seeking to recruit an individual who is passionate about nurse education.
We aim to provide an excellent learning experience with high levels of support.
The successful candidate will be expected to start September 2022.
As an External Examiner you will be expected to:
- Be employed in Higher Education.
- Hold current registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Council.
- Have previous External Examiner experience. If not experienced, we would ensure that you would have access to a mentor.
- Moderate samples of essays, scripts and other assessed materials including online resources.
- Advise the programme team on the content and standard of assessments.
- Submit module reports and an annual programme report.
- Review any alterations to assessments or process.
- Liaise with other external examiners at LJMU.
- Attend the Board of Examiners as required.
All appointments are subject to the candidate meeting the University’s criteria for appointment. The appointment will take effect from 1st September 2022 and tenure will normally be for a period of four years.
If you are interested in this post please send your expression of interest, together with your current CV to Link Tutor Emma Johnston Smith, email@example.com