The School of Nursing and Allied Health within the Faculty of Health at Liverpool John Moores University is seeking to appoint an External Examiner for their collaborative online MA Nursing Programme in conjunction with Unicaf.
This is an exciting and unique opportunity to work on a collaborative, franchised Transnational Education programme which is delivered virtually across Africa.
The appointment will be effective from November 2022, following an induction programme. We are seeking to recruit individuals who are passionate about nurse education.
We aim to provide an excellent learning experience with high levels of support and ongoing review of workload.
The successful candidates will be expected to start in November 2022.
As an External Examiner you will be expected to:
- Be employed in Higher Education.
- Hold current registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Council.
- Have previous External Examiner experience. If not experienced, we would ensure that you would have access to a mentor.
- Moderate samples of essays, scripts and other assessed materials including online resources.
- Advise the programme team on the content and standard of assessments.
- Submit module reports and an annual programme report.
- Review any alterations to assessments or process.
- Liaise with other external examiners at LJMU, including the EE team for the programme.
- Attend the Board of Examiners as required
All appointments are subject to the candidate meeting the University’s criteria for appointment. The appointment will take effect from 1st November 2022 and tenure will normally be for a period of four years.
If you are interested in this post please send your expression of interest, together with your current CV to Link Tutor Emma Johnston Smith firstname.lastname@example.org