Buckinghamshire New University is looking for external examiners to join an experienced team who support modules on our Level 6 and Level 7 Continuing Professional Development (CPD) programmes for Health Care Professionals – BSc/MSc Professional Practice and MSc Advanced Clinical Practitioner and MSc ACP Apprenticeship, in the School of Health Care and Social Care Professions. The course teams consist of academics with strong clinical and experienced healthcare backgrounds, who provide skills, knowledge and competency, to enable participants to develop in their chosen specialist practice.
In the first instance prospective candidates will be asked to take on responsibility for a range of modules that could include: Medical Assessment; Physical Assessment of the Adult; Clinical Reasoning for Advanced Practice, Research and Dissertation; Diabetes; Leadership and Management; Frailty and Wound Care. We are expecting to fill the roles as soon as possible, and the appointment will be for 4 years.
External examiners will be appointed in accordance with the following national criteria:
- Knowledge and understanding of agreed UK sector reference points (i.e. FHEQ, the relevant Subject Benchmark Statement, and any applicable PSRB standards)
- Awareness of current developments in the design and delivery of relevant health care programmes
- Competence and experience of designing and managing assessments
- Standing, credibility and breadth of experience within the subject area
- Familiarity with the standards of assessment expected of students within the programme
- Experience of enhancement of the student experience
- Fluency in English
- In addition, the successful candidate will also need to be a registered health care professional with the NMC or HCPC.
Whilst previous external examining experience is preferred, it is not essential, and the University will provide mentoring support for the right candidates. We would particularly welcome applications from those who have completed, or are in the process of completing, the Advance HE course on external examining.
For further information or to discuss this role, please contact Abigail Ashby, advanced Clinical Practitioner programme lead, email: email@example.com, or Ian Adams, Senior lecturer advanced clinical practitioner email: firstname.lastname@example.org