The College of Nursing, Midwifery and Healthcare is urgently seeking to appoint an External Examiner for Learning Disabilities nursing. This is for the BNursing (Hons) / PG Dip and MSci (dual registration) courses. Tenure would start from late November 2023, and would be for a period of 4 years.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced lecturers in nursing or healthcare. Registration with a relevant professional body is essential. All appointments are subject to the candidate meeting the University’s criteria for appointment.
The assessment boards are all held online at present. You will be joining a team of external examiners.
As an External Examiner you will be expected to:
- Be employed in Higher Education
- Scrutinize samples of examination/essay scripts and other assessed materials, advising module assessment boards on the content and standard of assessments.
- Attend a minimum of 2 assessment boards a year.
- Attend the annual Field Reviews.
- Undertake an annual visit to practice, to meet with students and mentors (NMC courses).
- Review new modules in preparation for validation events.
- Advise on academic misconduct and appeal cases.
- Submit an annual report to the University Quality Boards.
If you have not been an external examiner before, a mentor would be appointed for you. You would be part of a team of external examiners for the Pre-registration nursing and healthcare courses here at the University. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions. If you are interested in the above post please send your expressions of interest, together with a full CV, by the 16th of October, in the first instance to:
0208 209 4118