External Examiner required to look at Paediatric/Young Persons CPD level 5, 6 and 7 modules which feed in to the BSc (Hons) Professional Development in Health and Social Care programme and the MSc Advanced Professional Practice (Nursing and Midwifery Professions) programme. These programmes are run jointly and based within the Faculty of Health. They are a ‘step-on’, ‘step-off’ range of modules; over 100 of these modules are delivered in partnership with our local NHS Trusts.
We are looking for an individual with a Paediatric/Young Persons background, current NMC registration and the appropriate experience and interest to join our External Examiner team. Within our programmes, we offer a variety of clinical and web-based learning modules that are designed to enable a range of students to build a CPD pathway that reflects their area of practice/career. You will need to have a degree of flexibility as modules can come and go within the programme.
The appointment will be for 4 years from 01/08/2023 and the commitment required is as follows:
- To attend via Zoom up to three assessment panels a year (in March, June and November) and the submission of external examiner reports
- To review a range of coursework throughout the year
- To attend one assessment event per year, if appropriate (for example, OSCE or oral presentation)
- To engage in communication with the programme team
- To carry out an interim visit per year, either in person or by virtual means, to meet with staff and students to obtain feedback on assessment in practice and to strengthen your engagement with the ongoing teaching, learning and assessment processes
London South Bank University
University of Wolverhampton
University of Southampton.
States of Guernsey
Birmingham City University
St George’s University of London
Edge Hill University
Canterbury Christ Church University
University of Suffolk
Robert Gordon University
University of Dundee
University of Hull
Manchester Metropolitan University
University of Central Lancashire
All appointments are subject to the candidate meeting the University’s criteria for appointment. If you would like to be considered for this, please submit a CV by email to email@example.com by Sunday 30th April 2023 or for further information email: firstname.lastname@example.org