The School of Healthcare at the University of Leicester are seeking to appoint an External Examiner for its BSc (Hons) Physiotherapy Degree programme. The role requires providing advice and recommendations to Module Teams across Year 1, 2 and 3 about teaching and learning content and assessment design. The role includes external moderation of assessments, attendance at assessment review Boards as well as annual visits to practice learning environments and completion of External Examiners Reports.
The University of Leicester’s criteria for appointing External Examiners include demonstrating the following:
- Relevant subject knowledge and experience and an awareness of current developments in the design and delivery of Physiotherapy curricula;
- Competence and experience relating to (i) designing and operating a variety of assessment tasks; and (ii) enhancement of student learning and experience appropriate to Physiotherapy;
- Employed within a University appointment;
- A recognised Physiotherapy Qualification, and be Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) registered;
- Knowledge and understanding of UK sector agreed reference points for the maintenance of academic standards and assurance and enhancement of quality;
- The applicant must not have been a University of Leicester Examiner or staff member within the last five years.
Although previous experience would be an advantage, further support will be provided at School level, including mentorship should this be your first appointment as an External Examiner.
Commencement date: September 2023
Duration: 4 years
For further information please contact: Sarah Gault, Head of Physiotherapy at email@example.com
To apply, please forward your CV and expression of interest to: Helen Jukes (Physiotherapy Programme Administrator) at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘External Examiner position for BSc (Hons) Physiotherapy’.
Further information about the course can be found on the University website at https://le.ac.uk/courses/physiotherapy-bsc/2023