We are seeking an external examiner for our Foundations to General Practice Nursing course at Bournemouth University. We are looking to appoint to October 2022 and the period of appointment will be for a maximum of four years.
Joining the BU nursing team as an external examiner means you will be part of a team committed to developing the next generation of nurses and the development of those in practice. We have an extensive CPD portfolio which includes the Foundation in General Practice Nursing. The programme is delivered across 2 sites, three times a year. The objectives of the programme are for students
- To demonstrate clinical and theoretical understanding and progress in General Practice nursing
- To equip students with confidence and competence to fulfil the role of the General Practice Nurse
As an External Examiner you will:
- Be a registered nurse.
- Have expertise in the design, delivery, and assessment of primary care education, as evidenced by their current (or previous) post within a higher education establishment.
- Attend at least one assessment board each year
- Be available to review assessment material electronically at points throughout the year
- Review new modules in preparation for validation events.
- Submit an annual report to the University Quality and Standard Boards.
Further information about the role of an external examiner at BU can be found in the following link:
For more details and an informal conversation please contact Sharon Waight, GPN Programme Lead: email@example.com
Please send expressions of interest together with a current CV by 28th October 2022 to CPD Programme lead Dr Cindy Cox: firstname.lastname@example.org
We will also require proof of your right to work in the UK prior to the making the appointment. The annual fee for acting as an External Examiner at Bournemouth University is £450.