The School of Health & Social Care at the University of Essex is seeking to appoint an external examiner for our Foundation Degree in Health and Social Care, Higher Apprenticeship pathway. This course forms part of our wider apprenticeship pathways, currently feeding into the BSc apprenticeship pathway. Additionally, from 2022, this programme will be the foundation into Apprenticeships in BSc Occupational Therapy, Speech and Language, Nursing alongside our Nursing Associate programme. As such, all modules are multi-disciplinary in nature. We are looking to appoint an external examiner to the following programmes and modules;
Foundation Degree in Health and Social Care, Apprenticeship Pathway
Year 1 Modules – all at level 4
- HS700-4 Study and Life Long learning
- HS177-4 Introduction to interprofessional Working
- HS701-4 Biopsychosocial Science
- HS170-4 Person Centred Care
- HS705-4 Skills portfolio
Year 2 Modules – all at level 5
- HS602-5 Critical Appraisal Skills
- HS706-5 Public Health and Wellbeing
- HS178-5 Management and Leadership in Health and Social Care
- HS708-5 Skills portfolio
We would like to appoint an External Examiner who can enhance the quality of teaching and learning within the School and who is experienced in delivering health professions’ education or designing health professions’ curricula. Whilst applications from experienced External Examiners are preferred, we will also consider academics with appropriate educational and professional experience.
The appointment will be for four years from September 2021 and the commitment required is as follows:
- To attend two examination Boards per year (Boards are held in July and September)
- To submit the annual External Examiner’s Report.
- To review coursework throughout the year and provide constructive comments
- Engage with the programme team in the continuous development of the programmes
For informal inquires please contact: Natalie Cowan, Programme Lead, on email@example.com or 07826993806.
Please email applications, including a C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org for the attention of Paulina Lewandowska, Deputy School Manager, School of Health & Social Care, University of Essex