The College of Nursing, Midwifery and Healthcare is urgently seeking to appoint an external examiner for the newly validated Foundation Degree in Professional Practice in Health and Social Care. This course is delivered by two partner Colleges.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced lecturers in nursing, healthcare or social care. All appointments are subject to the candidate meeting the University’s criteria for appointment. The post would start in September 2022. Tenure will normally be for a period of four years.
The assessment boards are all held on our Brentford campus. You will be joining a team of external examiners.
As an External Examiner you will be expected to:
- Be employed in Higher Education
- Scrutinize samples of examination/essay scripts and other assessed materials, advising module assessment boards on the content and standard of assessments
- Attend a minimum of 2 assessment boards a year
- Attend the annual Field Reviews
- Advise on academic misconduct and appeal cases
- Submit an annual report to the University Quality Boards
If you have not been an external examiner before, a mentor would be appointed for you. You would be part of a team of external examiners for the Pre-registration nursing and healthcare courses here at the University. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions. If you are interested in the above post please send your expressions of interest, together with a full CV, by the 20 June 2022, in the first instance to:
Senior Lecturer/ Quality Lead for Apprenticeships/ APLT
College of Nursing, Midwifery and Healthcare
University of West London
0208 209 4118