The School of Health & Social Care at the University of Essex is seeking to appoint an external examiner for our Foundation Degree in Health and Social Care, Higher Apprenticeship pathway. This course forms part of our wider apprenticeship pathways, currently feeding into the BSc apprenticeship pathway. Additionally, from 2022 this programme will be the foundation into Apprenticeships in BSc Occupational Therapy, Speech and Language, Nursing alongside our Nursing Associate programme. As such, all modules are multi-disciplinary in nature. We are looking to appoint an external examiner to the following programme and modules;
Foundation Degree in Health and Social Care, Apprenticeship Pathway
- HS700 – Study and lifelong learning –Level 4
- HS701 –Biopsychosocial–Level 4
- HS701 –Person-centred Care –Level 4
- HS177 –introduction to interprofessional working –Level 4
- HS704 –Work based skills portfolio –Level 4
- HS602 –Critical Appraisal–Level 5
- HS706 –Public Health and Wellbeing–Level 5
- HS178 –Management and Leadership in Health and Social care –Level 5
- HS707 –Acute intervention and rehabilitation–Level 5
- HS708 –Work based skills portfolio –Level 5
The current External Examiner for this course completes their period of office in October 2022. We would like to appoint an External Examiner who can enhance the quality of teaching and learning within the School and who is experienced in delivering health professions’ education or designing health professions’ curricula. Whilst applications from experienced External Examiners are preferred, academics with appropriate educational and professional experience will be considered.
The appointment will be for four years from October 2022 and the commitment required is as follows:
- To attend two examination Boards per year (Board dates to be confirmed)
- To submit the annual External Examiner’s Report
- To review coursework throughout the year and provide constructive comments
- Engage with the programme team in the continuous development of the programmes.
For informal enquires please contact Natalie Cowan, Programme Lead on either email email@example.com or telephone 07826993806.
Please email a CV and covering letter to Mr Joshua Gauci at firstname.lastname@example.org by 12 August 2022.
Further information on the External Examiner role is available here – www.essex.ac.uk/staff/academic-standards-and-quality#external-examiners
Further information on the School of Health and Social Care is available here – www.essex.ac.uk/departments/health-and-social-care