Work at Nelson and Colne College Group
Broad Oak Campus
Broad Oak Road
Applications are invited from academics who have appropriate standing, expertise, and experience to maintain comparability of standards. Standing, expertise, and breadth of experience may be indicated by:
- The present (or last, if retired) post and place of work;
- The range and scope of experience across Higher Education/professions;
- The current and recent active involvement in research/scholarly/professional activities in a relevant field of study.
Your role & responsibilities would include:
- Confirming the comparability of standards of student performance at the College with those of similar modules at other UK Institutions of Higher Education;
- Confirming that the assessment process in its entirety is sound and has been fairly conducted with full regard to justice to students;
- Reporting and advising on the above by means of approving assessment and providing an annual report to the University.
You will be required to moderate a sample of scripts in relation to selected modules within the above programmes. You will also be required to produce an annual report and attend Assessment Boards as appropriate.
Further details about the courses can be found here:
- FdA Mental Health Work – https://universitycentre.nelsongroup.ac.uk/course-detail/mental-health-work/AHSCHF5042021_2023/
- FdA Alcohol and Substance Misuse Work- https://universitycentre.nelsongroup.ac.uk/course-detail/alcohol-and-substance-misuse-work/AHSCHF5052021_2023/
Please send expressions of interest and an accompanying CV to HE@nelsongroup.ac.uk
Your CV should contain the following information:
- Current and recent employment history
- HE and Professional Qualifications
- Current and previous external examiner engagements
- Experience of course/module leader roles
- Teaching experience
- Research and related Scholarly/ Professional Activity/ Consultancy
For an informal discussion and further information, please contact:
- Charlotte Scheffmann, Charlotte.Scheffmann@NelsonGroup.ac.uk or
- Professor Debbie Roberts, email@example.com
All appointments are subject to verification of eligibility to work in the UK, as per UK Visas and Immigration requirements. Please refer to the UKVI website for further information.