The University of Derby invite applications to become programme and module external examiner for the online Doctorate in Health and Social Care (DPrac) programme, based in the College of Health, Psychology and Social Care.
The professional doctorate programme has been offered on campus for over a decade moving wholly online in 2021. It is delivered over four years, with a postgraduate taught and postgraduate research phase, culminating in a 50,000-60,000-word thesis and viva voce. The successful applicant will commence as soon as possible as the incumbent is completing their tenure this academic year.
Your roles and responsibilities would include:
- Moderate sample of scripts.
- To report on the maintenance of nationally comparable standards across HE institutions,
- To attend Assessment Boards and compile an annual report.
- To advise on proposed amendments to the programmes and on curriculum developments
Experience of external examining preferred though we can provide exceptional applicants with an identified mentor to provide support if you do not have previous, HE external examining experience.
You will need to hold a doctoral award in a related area and current registration as a health professional e.g. NMC, HCPC, Social Work England, British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy or equivalent.
Proposed external examiner must not be:
- Involved in a reciprocal arrangement involving cognate programmes at another institution.
- Succeeding a colleague from the same department in the same institution. (The current examiner was based at UCLAN).
- Going to be assessing colleagues who are recruited as students to the programme of study.
- Going to have responsibilities more than the maximum workload permitted according to the University’s regulations (no more than 250 pieces of work at any one assessment point).
If you are interested in this role and would like to know more, please contact Dr Alan R Williams, Programme Leader, email@example.com . The University reserves the right to close applications early should sufficient interest be shown.
To apply, please send a covering letter and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday 23 October 2022.