We are seeking an external examiner for our CPD units at Bournemouth University. The focus will be on leadership units within Social Sciences.
We are looking to appoint to this role as soon as if possible. The period of appointment will be for a maximum of four years.
Please find more information about our CPD Framework https://www.applycpd.com/bu
As an External Examiner you will:
- Have expertise in the design, delivery, and assessment of social work or allied sciences (including health) education, as evidenced by their current (or previous) post within a higher education establishment.
- Previous experience of external examining is preferred, but if appropriate a suitable mentor will be appointed to support an eligible candidate.
- Attend at least one assessment board each year
- Be available to review assessment material electronically at points throughout the year
- Review new modules in preparation for validation events.
- Submit an annual report to the University Quality and Standard Boards.
Further information on the role of an external examiner at BU can be found in the following link: