We are seeking an external examiner for our Continuing Professional Development in health related courses at Bournemouth University. We are looking to appoint to these by October 2022 and the period of appointment will be for a maximum of four years.
Joining the BU nursing team as an external examiner means you will be part of a team committed to developing the next generation of nurses and the development of those in practice. We have an extensive CPD portfolio which includes the Return to Nursing Practice programme, and CPD units called Evidencing Professional Learning, Locating and Evaluating Professional Practice
As an External Examiner you will:
- Be a registered nurse
- Have expertise in the design, delivery, and assessment of primary care education, as evidenced by their current (or previous) post within a higher education establishment.
- Attend at least one assessment board each year
- Be available to review assessment material electronically at points throughout the year
- Review new modules in preparation for validation events.
- Submit an annual report to the University Quality and Standard Boards.
Further information about the role of an external examiner at BU can be found in the following link:
For more details and an informal conversation please contact our Return to Practice Programme Lead, Emma Böckle, email firstname.lastname@example.org or for our CPD units Dr Cindy Cox CPD Programme lead email@example.com
Please send expressions of interest together with a current CV to Dr Cindy Cox CPD Programme Lead by 28th October 2022: firstname.lastname@example.org
We will also require proof of your right to work in the UK prior to the making the appointment. The annual fee for acting as an External Examiner at Bournemouth University is £450.