The College of Nursing, Midwifery and Healthcare is seeking to appoint a number of external examiners for this coming academic year. The following posts are available:
External Examiners – Collaborative partners
- FdA Working with Children and Young People (for Collaborative provision)
- BA (Hons) Working in Integrated Services for Children and Young People (for Collaborative provision)
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced lecturers in working with children and young people. All appointments are subject to the candidate meeting the University’s criteria for appointment. The posts would start in September 2023. Tenure will normally be for a period of four years.
There are intakes once a year across up to three FE Colleges. The Collaborative assessment boards are all held on our Brentford campus. You will be joining a team of external examiners.
As an External Examiner you will be expected to:
- Be employed in Higher Education
- Scrutinize samples of examination/essay scripts and other assessed materials, advising module assessment boards on the content and standard of assessments.
- Attend a minimum of 2 assessment boards a year.
- Attend the annual Field Reviews.
- Review new modules in preparation for validation events.
- Advise on academic misconduct and appeal cases.
- Submit an annual report to the University Quality Boards.
If you have not been an external examiner before, a mentor would be appointed for you. You would be part of a team of external examiners for the Pre-registration nursing and healthcare courses here at the University.
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions. If you are interested in the above post please send your expressions of interest, together with a full CV, by the 5th June 2023, in the first instance to:
0208 209 4118