Would you like to work with the programme teams on the BSc (Hons) Children’s Nursing/MSc Nursing (Children and Young people)/ Degree Apprenticeship Children’s Nursing Programmes? Taking this role will make sure that learners are supported in achieving their potential, and that the programme supports them in becoming a registered health care professional.
We are looking for an NMC registered academic currently involved in the teaching and assessing of these subjects with a Level 7 qualification (or above, so that the MSc programme can be considered). Experience as an external examiner is not necessary, as you will be supported in this role.
The appointment will commence as soon as possible, and the tenure is for a period of four years to the end of December 2027.
- To scrutinise a sample of student work in order to ensure that student achievement and academic standards are comparable with those across UK higher education institutions.
- Take part in review and modification processes within the programme team to ensure a high-quality provision.
- Provide feedback and recommendations to the programme teams around teaching, learning and assessment.
- Attend quality assurance and grade ratification panels (normally 4 a year and held online)
- Submit an Annual External Examiner report.
- To give programme teams independent feedback on their activities.
If you wish to discuss this opportunity further, please contact the Programme Leader, Claire Winter, by email using C.Winter@gre.ac.uk
If you would like to apply, please send your current CV and a request for a nomination form to:
Associate Head of School for Student Success
School of Health Sciences
Faculty of Education, Health & Human Sciences
University of Greenwich
The closing date for nominations for the external examiner vacancy above is the 19th of November, 2023.
We look forward to hearing from you.