As external examiner for this programme you will be required to look at modules which form part of the Cert HE Perinatal Education and Practice (Level 4) – 6 modules. You will also be asked to review assessments from students completing the previous award (Foundation Degree Birth and Beyond, this is now closed to recruitment and is on the final year at level 5) – 12 modules grouped into 5 pathways, with no pathway having more than 12 students.
These programmes are based within the School of Allied Health and Community, but are solely delivered by NCT educators both at the University of Worcester and around the UK at regional teaching centres.
We are looking for an individual with a passion for education and the health and well-being of parents-to-be and new parents. An understanding of the ethos and principles of the NCT as the largest UK-based parenting charity would be an advantage, as would experience of being an external examiner (including the necessity for ‘right to work’ checks). The appointment would be for four years starting immediately, and the commitment required is as follows:
- Review a range of assessment work throughout the year
- Attend an assessment event per year if appropriate and possible (for example, student presentations)
- Communicate with the NCT Head of Education who is Course Leader about all issues to do with the role
- Attend the examination board each year in July (currently these are held online)
- Submit to the University an external examiner report at the close of the academic year
- Attend the External Examiner Induction Day at the University of Worcester (normally held in January)
- Attend any other meetings with staff or students that may be desirable or possible
To be considered for this role, please submit a CV by 5th May 2023.