The School of Nursing, Midwifery and Health at Coventry University is seeking to appoint an External Examiner to support our current team of external examiners for a suite of undergraduate, post registration modules, that include the BSc Nursing Studies (top up international) degree programme and Return to Practice.
Modules will include the following areas:
- Return to Practice
- Pain Management
- Acute Renal Care
- Management of Chronic Kidney Disease
- End of Life Care
- Competence and Skills for General Nursing
- Principles of Professional Nursing Practice
- Reviewing Research for Professional Practice
The appointment will be for 4 years from September 2021 September 2025.
We view the role of External Examiner as central to our quality assurance and enhancement procedures. You will assist in assuring that the standards across modules are appropriate and comparable with similar awards at other UK institutions, and that all assessments are carried out fairly. Coventry University offers extensive support for external examiners and holds briefing workshops annually. The University normally expects external examiners to attend a minimum of two Board of Examiners meetings per year and to complete an annual External Examiner Monitoring Report.
- have a professional background in nursing
- be working at the level of Senior Lecturer within Higher Education
- ideally have experience as an External Examiner
For informal enquires please contact Julie Sellars, Curriculum Lead for Advancing Practice at firstname.lastname@example.org. For expressions of interest please submit an up to date CV to the same address.