We are seeking to appoint a Subject External Examiner for our BSc Nursing Degree Apprenticeship Pathway. The position requires the external examiner to have a current registration with the Nursing & Midwifery Council.
The appointments will commence October/November 2022 and the tenure of appointments is usually for a period of four years. Whilst applications from experienced External Examiners are preferred, academics with appropriate educational and professional experience will be considered.
- Comment on the content of the subject area particularly regarding subject benchmarks
- Examine assessment briefs, exam papers and student work to ensure academic standards and achievements of students are comparable with those in other HEIs
- Provide informative comment and recommendations on whether the assessment process measures student achievement rigorously and fairly against the intended outcomes of the course/s and is conducted in line with the relevant policies and regulations
- Participate in a minimum of one examination board per year and submit an annual report
- Engage with the programme team in the continuous development of the programmes
We are looking for External Examiners to cover the following modules within the BSc Nursing Degree Programme:
- HS245 The Therapeutic Practitioner – Level 5
- HS243 Person Centred Care 2 – Level 5
- HS244 Relationship Based Practice – Level 5
- HS242 Advocacy, Activism and Resistance – Level 5
- HS246 Participatory Research for Service Improvement – Level 6
- HS247/HS285 Person Centred Care 3 – Level 6
- HS249/ HS283 The Autonomous Practitioner – Level 6
- HS248 Supervising Learning in Clinical Practice – Level 6
For informal enquiries, please contact our Nursing Apprenticeship Lead Vanessa Coelho, on email@example.com. If you would like to be considered for this role, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Further information is available on our website: https://www.essex.ac.uk/departments/health-and-social-care