The University of Greenwich, School of Health Sciences within the Faculty of Education, Health & Human Sciences is seeking expressions of interest for an additional external examiner for the following programmes:
- BSc (Hons) Physiotherapy & Physiotherapist Degree Apprenticeship
We are looking for an experienced academic, currently involved in the teaching and assessing of undergraduate physiotherapy students/apprentices. Experience as an external examiner would be preferable. The School of Health Sciences is based at the University’s Avery Hill Campus in South-East London. The appointment will commence as soon as possible, and the tenure is for a period of four years to the end of December 2027.
- To scrutinise student work, assignment questions / exam papers, in order to ensure that student/apprentice achievement and academic standards are comparable with those in the UK higher education institution from which the external examiner has experience.
- Review both practice and theory elements of the module/s where relevant.
- Provide feedback and recommendation on whether the assessment process was rigorous and fair in meeting intended learning outcomes and in line with relevant policies and guidelines.
- Attend Subject Assessment Panel meetings and Progression and Awards Board meetings (currently, via MS Teams).
- Submit an Annual External Examiner report.
- Regularly engage and communicate with the programme teams.
- Comment on the content of the subject area particularly with regard to subject benchmarks.
The successful applicant must hold current registration with the HCPC and membership of the CSP. If you wish to discuss this opportunity further, please contact the Programme Leader, Mark Dayson, M.L.Dayson@greenwich.ac.uk
For a nomination form please contact:
Associate Professor in Nurse Education
Faculty of Education, Health & Human Sciences
School of Health Sciences
University of Greenwich-Avery Hill Campus