We are seeking to appoint an External Examiner for our Specialist Nursing, Specialist Focus modules in the above pathways based in the School of Nursing. The NMC approved Specialist Nursing BSc Hons and PG Dip programmes are delivered over one year full time (Community Childrens) and two years part time (Diabetes, Stroke, Specialist Adult, Emergency Care and Palliative Care) and meet the NMC Standards for Specialist Nursing (NMC 2001). Those students who successfully complete the programme are eligible to have this specialist practice qualification registered with the Nursing & Midwifery Council. This position requires the External Examiner to preferably have a Specialist Practice Qualification or requisite clinical experience and knowledge of the delivery of such NMC approved programmes. These programmes will be undergoing change in the future to align with the NMC Specialist Nursing Standards for Post Registration Education programmes leading to Community Nursing Specialist Practice Qualifications. The appointment will be from the 4th November 2022 for four years and the commitment required is as follows:
- To review a range of coursework and practice learning portfolios throughout the year.
- To attend the Board of Examiners at least once a year and the submission of an annual external examiner report.
- To engage in communication with the programme team
- To carry out at least one interim engagement per year (which may take the form of a ‘virtual’ visit by video conference/Skype) and at least one face to face visit during the term of office to obtain feedback from staff and students on assessment in practice and to strengthen their engagement with the ongoing teaching and learning process.
- To support in the approval processes of NMC programmes.
All appointments are subject to the candidate meeting the university’s criteria for appointment. Fees and expenses are payable in line with the university policy. For an informal discussion please contact Course Director Hilary Thompson on 07927900048. If you would like to be considered for this role, please forward your CV to Mrs. Hilary Thompson at firstname.lastname@example.org