The School of Community Society Health at the University of Bedfordshire is seeking an External Examiner for our BSc (Hons) Paramedic Science Integrated Degree (Apprenticeship).
The Course teams are keen to work with External Examiners as critical friends and partners. In addition, you will join a strong team of External Examiners with wide ranging expertise across a variety of Allied Health Professions.
The BSc (Hons) Paramedic Science Integrated Degree (Apprenticeship) is part of the School of Community Society Health undergraduate portfolio and will run alongside our other established undergraduate programmes, including our BSc (Hons) Paramedic Science programme.
As External Examiner your duties will include:
- Verifying that the standards of the assessment of programme learning outcomes are appropriate for the
level of award
- Monitoring/contributing to monitoring the continued currency and validity of the programmes as a whole
- Attending Boards of Examiners at which student achievement in the programme for which Examiners are
responsible are classified and degree awards and progression are recommended
- Comparing the academic standards of student performance within the programme with those of other
higher education institutions
- Ensuring that the Boards of Examiners are adhering to the regulations pertaining to the calculation of awards and progression
- Submitting an annual report using the University’s pro-forma once per academic year.
The successful applicants will be paid a standard University fee and any reasonable travelling expenses including accommodation if required.
Due to academic regulations, applications cannot be considered if you have had previous working relationships with us within the last 5 years. Further specific information on this can be obtained from our Quality Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome applications from experienced academics and those who wish to gain experience in the External Examiner role. You should be able to demonstrate expertise in the field of Paramedic Science and Allied Health.
The post commences in September 2024.
Please e-mail expressions of interest, your CV and availability for an initial discussion to email@example.com (Course Lead) – please mark the subject line: External Examiner Vacancy.
Closing date for applications: 8th March 2024