The School of Health & Social Care at the University of Lincoln is seeking to appoint an External Examiner for an immediate start and would welcome expressions of interest for this position:
BSc (Hons) Paramedic Science
This is an Under-Graduate taught programme offering a standard route through the programme. There is One cohort per year which starts in September. The programme is going through revalidation with the HCPC and endorsement with The College of Paramedics.
Further details can be found here: https://www.lincoln.ac.uk/course/nurparub/
External Examiners play a central role in maintaining the standards of the University’s awards and the currency of the curriculum. They perform this role through:
- the approval of assessment tasks and examination papers
- discussions with relevant academic staff
- the review of samples of student work on modules within the programme
- the endorsement of marks to confirm that the marks are an agreed, fully moderated and externally examined set of results
- the submission of annual reports
- attendance at appropriate boards of examiners (currently virtual)
- agreement to programme modifications & revalidation
Applicants should possess the following:
- Current professional registration and experience of undergraduate qualification educational provision at BSc (Hons)
- Relevant experience and expertise to maintain comparable quality standards
Please note the University Regulations mean that the following circumstances would make applicants ineligible for the role.
- A member of a governing body or committee of the University of Lincoln or one of its collaborative partners, or a current employee of the university or one of its collaborative partners.
- Anyone with a close professional, contractual or personal relationship with a member of staff or student involved with the programme of study.
- Anyone required to assess colleagues who are recruited as students to the programme of study.
- Anyone who is, or knows they are, in a position to significantly influence the future of students on the programme of study.
- Anyone significantly involved in recent or current substantive collaborative research activities with a member of staff closely involved in the delivery, management or assessment of the programme (s) or modules in question.
- Former staff or students of the institution unless a period of five years has elapsed, and all students taught by or with the External Examiner have completed their programme(s).
- A reciprocal arrangement involving cognate programmes at another institution.
- The succession of an External Examiner by a colleague from the Examiner’s home department and institution.
- The appointment of more than one External Examiner from the same department of the same institution.
If you are interested in the role, please send a CV and appropriate covering letter/email to Ian McKenzie-Purdham, email@example.com
The closing date for expressions of interest is Monday, 30th January 2023.
The University of Lincoln is the Modern University of the Year in The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2021 and ranked in the top 20 in the UK for overall student satisfaction in the Complete University Guide 2022.
The School of Health & Social Care has established a regional, national and international reputation for its teaching, its research and its broad educational opportunities.