Edge Hill University, Faculty of Health, Social Care and Medicine is seeking to engage an External Examiner for the following Allied Health, Social Work & Wellbeing Programme with effect from January 2024:
- Vacancy Ref: AHSWW02
- Programme: BSc (Hons) Operating Department Practice Apprenticeship
- Closing date: 7th November 2023
External Examiners are typically placed on the Edge Hill University External Examiners Register for a period of four years. Principle duties normally include;
- Visit the University at the least once a year to moderate assessed coursework and examination scripts
- Attend module assessment boards
- Produce an Annual Report
- Review and approve examination papers that contribute to a student’s final award, and any other assessment material as agreed
- External Examiners are also invited to attend relevant exam boards
- They will have an established background in Apprenticeships and desirably experience of Higher Education quality processes.
If you would like to discuss specific information relating to the programmes, please contact:
Paul Rawling, Tel: 01695 657049 Email: email@example.com or Kevin Henshaw Tel : 01695 657048 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
External examiners are paid an annual fee of approximately £587.91 based on time allocations plus reimbursement of expenses, as appropriate. Total fees may vary slightly dependent on the size of the provision covered by an External Examiner. The production and submission of the annual report is paid at a higher rate of £200 for the full 7.5 hours work. All fees are claimed through the claim form/online system when work is completed throughout the academic year, please liaise with the Academic Quality Officer to ensure you are set up on the system.
Admission to the University’s External Examiners Register is on the basis of satisfactory completion of the University’s Committee and Personnel approval processes, including Right to Work and Reciprocity Checks.
Prospective External Examiners are encouraged to send an expression of interest and CV to Vicki Hall – email@example.com citing the programme title and vacancy reference.
Your data will be held and not processed for any purpose other than that for which it has been obtained, in accordance with current Data Protection Legislation until this recruitment process has concluded. Should you be unsuccessful in your application your data will be destroyed securely. For more information, our Privacy Notice is available at https://www.edgehill.ac.uk/externalexaminers/