The University of Hertfordshire is seeking to appoint a Module/Programme External Examiner. The modules form part of the BSc (Hons) /MSc Midwifery & Women’s Health Post-registration Programme.
Examples of the post qualifying modules requiring External Examiner review include:
- Maternal Perinatal Mental Health
- Complex Social issues in Maternity Care
- High Dependency Midwifery Care
- Examination of the Newborn
- Preparation for the role of Professional Midwifery Advocate
- Empowerment and Advocacy
On-line submission by students is in place so most scripts can be viewed via our managed learning environment, Canvas.
As an External Examiner your duties would include:
- External moderation of a range of assessments
- Submission of an annual report to the Dean of Academic Quality Assurance
- Attendance at Assessment Boards. This will be online via MS Teams or Zoom
- Advising on any proposed module modifications / new modules
Applications are welcomed from individuals educated to MSc level and who have current registration as a Midwife with the Nursing and Midwifery Council. Please apply with a brief expression of interest and CV to the e-mail address at the foot of this advertisement, including any relevant clinical interest and/or academic experience. The University runs an Induction Day for external examiners, the dates of which are to be u confirmed. The Induction session provides an opportunity for you to meet with the Programme Leader and other professional staff members.
The External Examiner position for this post-registration programme has a four year term commencing on 1 March 2022, ending on 31 December 2025. Appointment is subject to meeting the University’s criteria for the appointment of External Examiners.
Should you wish to apply or require more information please contact the Programme Leader :
Deborah Sharp : d.Sharp@herts.ac.uk