Bournemouth University is seeking to appoint an External Examiner for the BSc (Hons) Midwifery Programme. The programme aims to prepare students to practice safely and effectively so that upon registration, the midwife will have the knowledge, understanding and skills to care for women, infants, partners and families throughout the maternity journey. This is a well-established programme, with a curriculum approved against the new NMC standards. Students in clinical practice are using the England and NI Midwifery Ongoing Record of Achievement.
The appointment will be for a period of 4 years starting in September 2023 and the University provides an External Examiner Induction/Briefing seminar in November and March each year to support new and experienced External Examiners. The fee paid to External Examiners per year is £450.
As External Examiner, your duties would include:
- External moderation of a range of assignments at level 5 and 6, including essays, video recordings of OSSES, group presentations and professional discussions
- Review proposed assessment briefs to determine their appropriateness
- Submission of an annual report to the Academic Quality department
- Attendance at Assessment Boards
- Advising on matters such as programme review and/or modifications
Please send expressions of interest together with a current CV to Alison Taylor Lead midwife for education (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 20th March 2023.
We will also require proof of your right to work in the UK prior to the making the appointment.